Usability Testing and Consulting
Intrafinity’s usability testing and consulting services help organizations evaluate the degree to which a product meets specific usability criteria as well as identify and resolve the product’s usability deficiencies.
While accessibility and usability principles are at the forefront of all Intrafinity solutions, we also offer usability testing and consulting services independently to help clients evaluate their websites and software applications.
Our usability testing techniques can help organizations evaluate a product by testing it with representative users. During testing, these users will try to complete typical tasks while observers watch, listen and take notes.
Depending on when in the development cycle of a product testing takes place, the objectives of a testing session might include:
Once metrics are gathered, our usability experts:
- Exploring the effectiveness of preliminary design concepts
- Evaluating how well users can perform related tasks and identify specific usability deficiencies
- Evaluating how well a product meets predetermined usability standards or benchmarks (e.g., project-related performance standards or company standards of performance)
- Collecting quantitative data on the speed and accuracy with which users can perform all necessary tasks and operations
- Identifying the errors that caused the “incorrect performance” and the source of every error
- Determining whether users are satisfied with and enjoy using the product
- Evaluating how quickly users who are unfamiliar with the product learn to use it well enough to accomplish all specified tasks
- Pinpointing the changes that need to be made to help users perform more successfully
Our usability experts can help you implement all recommendations and redesign your system. A second round of user testing can be done to measure the effectiveness of the improvements.
- Compile qualitative and quantitative data
- Analyze the data to pinpoint all system-related reasons for user difficulties and/or poor performance
- Develop short and long-term recommendations to improve the system and indicate any areas where more investigation is required
- Produce a final report that incorporates all testing raw data analysis and findings as well as the relevant recommendations